Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Hat's, Scarves, and Gloves Winter Is Comming...but they will be warm.

Alright I know a weird title but I'm going to be making a set of hats, scarves, and gloves for my nephews and niece.  They are going to be taking the bus to school and well this area gets cold.  Like really cold.  Hell we have a saying if you don't like the weather in Colorado wait five minutes.  So I will be making a crochet spiral scarf for my niece and matching hats and gloves for all three.  So here are patterns that I will be using for them.

I have the blue pair half done.  I really like the way they turned out...or in this are turning out as the case may be.  I think I will even make a pair for myself.  The blue are for the youngest of the three and I start this set first well because I have all my yarn in one bag I grabbed a piece of yarn and pulled.  Turned out it was the blue.

Got the measurements today when I was over to give my nephew his birthday gifts.  I'm surprised that they all have close to the same head sizes...well two of the three are exact and the third well she is bigger by 1/2 an inch.  I think its her hair, the other two have very nice shaved heads.  They don't like having their hair long.  Next time though my sister wants me or my hunnie to do the shaving.  They like the military hair cut and being married to a former military guy I know how to do it.  I was the one who normally gave my ex the touch ups before his weekend trips and his two weeks.  Yep he was National Guard and I have to say I'm happy to be rid of him.

Finished the first of the hats and well I like it!  I was trying it on to figure out where the back was so I could do the other ear flap was going.  It is really warm and I think it will be great for the kids.  I'm going to bed and then tomorrow when I get off work I will be working on the scarf for this set.  

Scarves
Nephews Niece
Well I just finished the scarf in blue for my youngest nephew.  So I'm happy to have one set done but wondering how I am going to get all of these done and finish up Christmas gifts.  I think I'm going to have to put the gifts on hold to be able to get this stuff done.  After all keeping these kids warm is more important then making gifts.  People will understand and well I also am going to be making some extra this next couple of weeks at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment