Sunday, November 2, 2014

Tips & Tricks 1- Yarn Holders

Hello, so I want to share some tips that help me out when I do my projects.  The first one is something that I can't take credit for.  My mother came up with this one.  Instead of spending tons of money on those fancy yarn holders that feed you yarn use old pop bottles.

Yes that is right old pop bottles.  I am currently using, and thank my mother for letting me use, two two liter pop bottles.  These fit a normal skein of yarn and allow for you to keep the yarn looking nice and work just as well as the fancy yarn holders.  My mother is using three liter yarn bottles for her project at the moment because she is using the larger skeins of yarn.  I find these very helpful and all you need to make one is a clean pop bottle and an exacto knife or scissors.

Cut into the bottom of the bottle and cut around the bottom but not all the way leaving I'm guessing she left about an inch.  This will allow you to open the bottom of the bottle and slide your yarn into it giving it an easy holder and fun way to trick people.  Yes some people think my mom is so good at putting the yarn in that it looks like she fed the yarn in the top and it made itself back into the wonderful way we buy the skeins.

Now I will tell you now that it is easier to pull the yarn from the middle rather than the side.  I found this out because on my bed doll, pink.  I had the light pink that didn't want to give me the middle so I was using the side and then put the yarn into the bottle...yeah I just ended up saying screw it and dug out the middle yarn.

Thanks mommy for the use and idea for this.

PICTURES TO COME LATER.

No comments:

Post a Comment