Thursday, November 13, 2014

Monkey

So I'm at this very moment working on doing the monkey from the first person linked in my favorite people area.  Again because I want to respect her wishes I will not post my modified pattern.  So far it has been a simple word change because it wouldn't accept mouth.  Yes that is right it wouldn't accept mouth as a word.  Now if you know how Google Docs are they are just like the basic word processor where it does a spell check and grammar check.  She uses "a mouth" in her pattern I changed it to "the mouth".  I haven't printed off the pattern yet so seeing the wiggly little red line under mouth.

Now as I am doing this right now...okay not this exact second because I'm typing but I'm working on it right now I want to put this up and will follow the video that is 1:40:25 long.  That is 1hour 40minutes 25seconds.  Now I'm sure that it will take me longer than that time to complete this because of the fact I am pausing it to do my stitches so I can catch up with where she is.  I'm happy for this one there is a full video.

The only change I have made with the pattern is that I'm not using two colors for this I'm just using one color.  This is because I have limited amounts of yarn right now due to funding and I have a lot of yarn I have bought for past projects that I just never did.  Some yarn that is being used for dresses is new yarn because I needed certain colors for people.

Just finished row 5 and so far it is working well.  I'm not sure about the whole thing not joining at the first/last stitch.  She doesn't so I'm trying to follow the pattern.  Also I'm kinda worried when it comes to stuffing.  She uses regular stuffing and well I don't have any.  I only have shredded foam.  Now this has made for interesting stuffing so far.  I think I over stuff and at the same time I think I under stuff because I am using the foam.

So yesterday I was out smoking hookah and working on the monkey.  I think I added a couple extra rows.  Now understand while working on it and this is why I think I added a couple extra rows.  As stated I was smoking hookah now I have one thing I try to do and that is hydrate.  Well one thing I didn't do was hydrate, I didn't really have a choice.  It was hard to tell who was a customer and who was staff.  I have most of the body/head done and just need to stuff and close it off.  I also while there did the muzzle and ears.  I'm going with the small ones.

From the pictures you will see the yarn has little darker brown and black spots.  That is because of the color of the dress I'm doing for it.  If you are friends with me on Facebook, or if I create a page, you will be able to tell that I wanted a simpler color for the animal inside.  It is for a rainbow colored dress.  Again this is because of my cousin being part of Rainbow.  So please enjoy.

Photo Album:  3 Images Same Monkey
Project Playlist: Her Video


No comments:

Post a Comment