Tuesday, December 23, 2014

For The Little Red Haired Girl LOVE Charlie Brown

Yes my grandma is "The Little Red Haired Girl" from the Peanuts comics.  That means that my grandpa is Charlie Brown.  It was a nick name he got in college and still goes by with the family.  The joke goes so far as that my grandma has an old sweatshirt that says "Damn you Charlie Brown!" with a pregnant Lucy.  That would be my uncle, yep that was what my grandmother got before her first baby.  Now I was just scrolling through my Facebook feed and found a pattern to this wonderful pattern.  So I will now look to see if there are any with more of the characters.  I want to do as many as I can for my grandma.

I have started on this and so far so good.  I haven't gotten much done yet I thought I lost the pattern and was happy to find it again when I looked on here.  This will be finished this year 2015 for her for her birthday the first day of 2016.  I'm also making a dress for the doll and will be making a snoopy for my grandpa.

Just an update for everyone as I finish up what I can on the head.  It defently is taking shape.  I look at it am like "Omg!  This really looks like him!  I'm glad I'm not doing this in front of grandma she would figure it out in no time."

With that said I think I should have it done by Christmas.  So I can have it wrapped for her birthday.  Although I have thought about just putting it on her chair for her birthday and just acting normal.  Then give her the dress.  So if you want to see how it's coming along check the WIPS on the face book page.

No comments:

Post a Comment