Monday, January 11, 2016

Stitch, Stop & Roll Afghan-Challenge 1

Welcome to the post for the first challenge of the year.  Yay!  So I'm calling this a challenge because it was listed as a challenge on The Crochet Crowd website.  I was looking into doing one of these this year and found one.  So it's the first one and I'm going to share my journey with you as I work on making this beautiful afghan.

I was hoping this update would be the original post linking it to the challenge but I'm not able to find that page on the website.  So I'm going back through and searching posts to find it.  I will update later.  Alright I've searched and searched and can't fine the original post.  So I guess this isn't really a challenge any more.  Just a Crochet Along.  Wait correction I found it!  I have linked above as well and once my laundry in the washer is done I'm going to take a shower and go get my kit!

Alright I have my kit and I am working on it right now.  Currently I'm doing the starting row on each of the Motifs.  I'm using the written pattern as well as Mikey's video pattern that is linked bellow.  So far so good but it's just 18 dc around.  I'm sure it's going to get harder than again it is marked as Intermediate.

So as I have been following along with the video and pausing to do all 9 motifs.  I think it's silly but I'm doing it and pretty sure it will be easier on me in the end.  I just need to sit and do it instead of jacking around online while doing it.  So I am still keeping track of rows with my stitch counter so I know where I am and can try to figure out where to skip a head to in the video.

Well I'm thinking about changing my bag for the project because I'm running out of room in my current box/bag.  Not because of yarn but because of the actual motifs.  They are getting large.  I would say about the size of a small bag of popcorn.  I'm only on row 8 or 9 of 19.  I have 2 to finish getting caught up to the next round.  Yayness!  I hope and think I should have this done by the deadline.

Update 3/1:  Well....I failed sadly.  I wasn't able to finish it as I had hoped to.

Contact Me:  E-Mail Deviant Art Facebook
Photos: Facebook Album
YouTube: Tutorial

No comments:

Post a Comment