Saturday, January 13, 2018

Minnie Mouse Graphgan

Well I got a new commission started.  The last one has fallen through and I understand why.  Life happens so now I have a new one and I even did a nifty little spreadsheet for the invoice that I want to double check when I go to the store tomorrow just to make sure the yarns I have picked out will work together.

This one is a well the title says it all about this.  It's going to be for a gal I work with's granddaughter who loves Minnie Mouse.  It was originally going to be just a simple red and white blanket because of the theme.  I had to go and open my big mouth and tell her that I could put Minnie on the blanket.  Why must I be so stupid?  I have been dreading doing a graphghan the ends that I will need to weave in and color changes.  Yeah I'm not to happy about it but I got myself into this.  She know it will be a while to get it done because I am working on family gifts for Christmas.

8/6/17: Received the first payment.  It's enough to get the yarn for it so I can start working on it.  I'm so happy and I will also be buying yarn for Christmas while I'm at it.

1/13/18: We have a date this will need to be done by: March 17th, it's the little girl's birthday.  Also as I'm going well mostly because I have to have things a specific way I am finding discrepancy in the pattern's written portion.  Also I know I'm around 15 rows completed but I'm considering frogging back to the 8th row and doing a cut and join instead of continuous go of it.  Reason being is I know I can bury the yarn in the row and will I'm not sure how I like the pulling the yarn up on each row.  Some look okay but others bother me.  I will have to decided now before I go any farther and well with it being almost 2 am I have no one to ask and will have to wait.  So I will probably set the project aside for a bit and work on another project or pack for my week dog sitting.

Originally Posted July 17, 2017 @ 03:38

No comments:

Post a Comment