Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Corner 2 Corner Harley Davidson

Yes I'm finally giving in and starting a c2c Graphghan for the hubby in pink with the Harley Davidson logo.  Now for those who don't know hubby's dad used to ride Harleys and is where hubby and I both have received our favorite riding vests.  Last year we lost his dad.  It was a hard thing on both of us.  For him it was the loss of his dad and that family calling him a liar, a cheat, and a scoundrel.  None of this was true and the true evil in dad's life was someone he called friend.  Now for me the hard thing was watching my love go through all this and feeling completely helpless.  I had no clue how to help him with any of this.

Now I planned to make both of them blankets at some point with the Harley logo.  One in black and orange for dad and the other in black and pink or all pink for the hubby.  Well I found some pink yarn I was saving for him anyway for a special project.  I decided that I would use that yarn to start the blanket.  I have been doing a lot of research into graphghans on my own and looking for the best way to do them.  I finally settled for a stitch that I have heard works up quickly and is easy to do.  Yes the Corner 2 Corner stitch.  I started it last night and am about 13-14 rows in and only worked for maybe an hour-hour and a half.

So I know when I give it to him I'm going to have to include a pack of tissues and will probably also have a print out of this explaining why I wanted to make it for him.  So him and I will end up with matching ones...well as close to matching as a pink and green versions of the logo can match.


Above is the version of the logo I'm using to do this with and I used the graphing site that Mikey has shared with us.  So if you wish to use the same site and logo it will be a 5 page print out.  The first being the logo and thread used to create it(the site is for a cross-stitch pattern).  The next 4 pages will be the logo broken down into different sections.  I'm working from the top left down to the bottom right and am planning to add in two rows around both sides and top.


No comments:

Post a Comment